1. Our labs continue to adhere to strict sanitization protocols and our staff follows all universal safety protocols.
2. Ensuring prior to entry into the laboratory, supplies of laboratory equipment and consumables, including reagents, PPE and disinfectants, are sufficient and appropriate for the activities being performed.
3. Making sure that all the people are maintaining at least 1-metre distance to reduce the risk of infection. Maintaining an even greater distance when indoors.
4. Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently especially those which are regularly touched, such as door handles, faucets.
5. All technical procedures are performed with standard operating protocols that minimize the generation of aerosols and droplets.
6. Appropriate disinfectants with proven activity against enveloped viruses used (e.g. hypochlorite (bleach), alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, quaternary ammonium compounds and phenolic compounds).
7. After removal or whenever a used mask is inadvertently touched, hands are cleaned using an alcohol-based hand rub or soap & water if hands are visibly dirty.